i kind of have a list of places i’d like to visit in my life i guess? they’re kinda, like, all over the fuckin’ place though
- pando is a single organism in utah which is 80k years old, it’s a stand of trees that have a single connected root structure and yeah)
- university of al-qarawiyyin, the oldest operating university in the world, founded by a woman, Fatima al-Fihri
- chernobyl, is motherfucking chernobyl, ghost towns man, i kinda really want to see some ghost towns
We should like go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania together Shoofle
So if I wanted to practice drawing things but I needed a cheerleader or a reminder-fan who would do this for me? Also should I have a separate art blog or just post it here?
Anonymous asked: Just heard CNN ask, "Should 'America the Beautiful' always be sung in English?" Why do the media always pretend like horrible bigots might have a point?
Because the right wing have cowed our cowardly media into treating their racist views as if they must have legitimacy simply because they exist. Fuck those assholes and fuck CNN.
i’m feeling brain shit as a term less alienating, less infantilizing, and more familiar than mental illness/trauma/depression
their implicit framing of the subject as hopeless and pathetic (tho they are still useful terms that i will use (i hope i’m not moving towards a macho-ization of psychological pain))
like, everyone has brain shit
shit is something we deal with
Things that are creepy:
- Persistence after someone has said NO or STOP, or has made it clear they are not interested in your advances
- Invalidating someone’s “no”
- Only stopping your advances when somebody informs you they are taken (you are telling this person their “no” alone is not enough, which means you do not respect them)
- Asking “why” when somebody rejects your advances
- Asking “why not” when somebody refuses to give you their phone number